Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Taking the time......

to appreciate the little things.  Every now and again, when I stand still enough to take in all the beauty that's around me, I get an overwhelming appreciation for all that I have.  Unfortunately life tends to be a race and the destination is never really the finish line.  I love being busy, and with our family there is plenty to keep us that way but it scares me when the state of being busy clouds my mind, alters my mood or maybe a hint of stress that not even I am aware of..  So I find myself wanting to take life in stride, not slowing down but appreciating things more along the way.  I think in some ways being in a mindset of being busy all the time is the devils ways of distracting us, keeping us from what's really important in life such as our Spiritual, Mental, Physical and Emotional health.  It's so easy to be consumed by the negative that surrounds us.  It is harder to be a LIGHT that shines positive in the midst of a downward spiraling world

No comments:

Post a Comment